Friday, July 30, 2010

Music Review: Counting Stars

Counting Stars, Andrew Peterson, Centricity Music, 2010.

I love Andrew Peterson. I do. Since discovering Love & Thunder, he has been--without a doubt--my favorite, favorite Christian artist. "Just As I Am, " "High Noon," "The Silence of God," and "Tools" spoke to me. I just fell in love with the music--the beauty, the honesty, the seeming simplicity of it all. It didn't take me long to buy his other albums--his earlier albums--Carried Along and Clear to Venus. How could I not relate to "The Chasing Song" or "Faith to Be Strong"? How could I not love "Loose Change"? And who could keep a dry eyes listening to "Alaska or Bust"?

Nothing quite excites me like a new Andrew Peterson release. Behold the Lamb of God, the "Christmas" album?! I listen to it year round. It is one of my favorite and best. The Far Country. Resurrection Letters II. I've got my favorites on all of these. (And let's not forget Appendix A. Oh, how I LOVE The Cheese Song!!!)

So I've been anticipating Counting Stars for months! And it did not disappoint!!!
  • Many Roads
  • Dancing in the Minefields
  • Planting Trees
  • The Magic Hour
  • World Traveler
  • Isle of Skye
  • God of My Fathers
  • Fool with a Fancy Guitar
  • In the Night My Hope Lives On
  • You Came So Close
  • The Last Frontier
  • The Reckoning (How Long)
My favorites from this album? Well, it's still early, I've only listened to it seven or eight times, but I'd say that "In the Night My Hope Lives On", "The Magic Hour," and "God of My Fathers" top my list. But, when I think about it, I love them all.

The album is very pleasant, very soothing, very beautiful.

You can buy the CD/download the album many places. But consider buying from The Rabbit Room.


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: