Saturday, June 30, 2018

Second Quarter Challenge Check-Ins

2018 52 Books in 52 Weeks
Read 52 Books in 52 Weeks (about) (links post)
Link back EVERY Sunday
# of books 52

I don't have a problem reading--even reviewing--a book a week. But oh the REMEMBERING to share the review link on the site. That is what will do me in. I have listed twenty-six books. 

Author Love Challenge
Because Reading (sign up)
January - December 2018

I have read fourteen books so far.

2018 Cloud of Witnesses Reading Challenge
Host: Operation Actually Read Bible (sign up)
January - December 2018
# of books: 24 is my goal

20 books--unless I miscounted which is entirely possible. 

Host: Becky's Book Reviews (sign up)
Duration: January 2018 - December 2018
Inspiration: It is a good rule, after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between. If that is too much for you, you should at least read one old one to every three new ones. C.S. Lewis
# of books: readers decide

I've read 46 Christian nonfiction books. I've read 15 Christian fiction books. As for old/new 

January: 12 new; 3 old
February: 7 new, 2 old 
March: 7 new, 1 old 
April: 8 new, 2 old
May: 8 new; 3 old
June: 4 new; 3 old 

2018 Mount TBR Reading Challenge
Host: My Reader's Block (sign up)
Dates: January - December 2018
# of Books: I'm committing to the reading level Mt. Ararat--48 books from my TBR pile. My TBR pile is on GoodReads. I will continue to add to it throughout the year, but only books added before January 1, 2018, will count towards this challenge. Right now there are just over 800 books.

I've read twenty-five books. So I'm halfway to my goal. 

Operation Deepen Faith
Host: Operation Actually Read Bible (sign up)
January - December 2018

I've read three bibles so far. The KJV Readers Bible, the NASB Quick Study Bible, the NLT Beyond Suffering Bible.

I've read 46 Christian nonfiction books.

Reformation Reading Challenge
Host: Operation Actually Read Bible (sign up here)
Duration: October 31, 2017 - December 31, 2018
# of books: minimum of 1 book OR 1 sermon series

I've read sixteen books.

The Official 2018 TBR Pile Challenge
Host: Adam (Roof Beam Readersign up here
Dates: January 2018 - December 2018
# of Books: 12 (+2 alternates)
Note to self: MONTHLY CHECK-INS ON THE 15TH
Another note to self: On Social Media, please use #TBR2018RBR

I've read five books.

Victorian Reading Challenge
Host: Becky's Book Reviews
Duration: January - December 2018
Goal: Read a minimum of 4 Victorian books

I've read four books.

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: