Friday, July 19, 2019

Board book: Prayers for Little Hearts

Prayers for Little Hearts. Sandra Magsamen. 2019. Scholastic. 10 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray that God will love and keep all the fish in all the seas and all the leaves on all the trees.

This board book includes five short prayers for parents to read with or read over their little ones.

I thought some of the poems--the prayers--were a bit clunky in terms of rhythm and/or rhyme. Not that all poems have to rhyme. They don't. And that's definitely the same of prayers as well.

The text font is over-the-top cutesy. Many of the capital letters are just oversized lower case letters. Including the "g" in God.

The illustrations and the text are both colorful.

I love the unusual size of this one: tall and skinny.



© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: