Thursday, April 16, 2020

Bible Review #3 CSB Day by Day Chronological Bible

CSB Day by Day Chronological Bible. George H. Guthrie, ed. Holman. 2018. 1664 pages. [Source: Bought] [Bible; Chronological Bible]

First sentence: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

I started this one on March 24, 2020. I finished it April 15, 2020. It was my goal to read through this one at a fast big-picture pace. I thought it would be a great use of time in this disordered new world--aka COVID 19 pandemic "quarantine."

This chronological Bible orders events into three acts. Act one covers: Creation, the Fall, the Flood. Act two covers everything--yes, EVERYTHING--from Abraham through Malachi. (But this scene--as all acts are broken into scenes as well.) Act three covers the New Testament.

The readings are divided into weeks and days. But they are not assigned a calendar date (January 1, March 15, December 30, etc.) Instead they are simply numbered. (Week One, Day Five, for example). For those readers who aren't always always on task and great at keeping up with devotional reading plans, this one would add the benefit of no guilt.

Day Seven of each week is a reflection and prayer.

I read this one in e-book format. I loved it in that format. I have the HCSB version of this--it is called Reading God's Story or something similar. The print in that is super-teeny-tiny and absolutely impossible. The e-book is super-easy on the eyes. And I could have made the font even larger if necessary.

I would definitely recommend this one. It is, I believe, still on sale.


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: