Monday, June 1, 2020

Bible Review #5 MEV Bible

MEV Personal Size Large Print. Passio. 2015. 1952 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the water.

I started this one December 27, 2019. I finished on May 27, 2020.  During those months the world seemed to go kaboom. 

This was my first time to read this translation cover-to-cover. I had read the New Testament in the Modern English Version the year the translation was first released.

Overall, I enjoyed this translation very much.

One thing that I loved, loved, loved about this one was the font size of the text. The Bible wasn't particularly heavy or bulky, but the font was super-comfortable on the eyes.

One thing that I really didn't love about this one was the thinness of the pages. I wouldn't be surprised if you could read two or three pages at a time. The bleed through was ghastly. In fact that is probably why it took me years and years to get around to reading this one cover to cover.

BUT. I discovered early this year that by trimming a black piece of construction paper to the size of the pages, a lot of the bleed through can be avoided. I wrote about this in January, I believe.

With the construction paper backing

Without the construction paper
I definitely enjoyed this experience.


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: