Friday, October 8, 2021

9. Holy Bible, KJV (435E1B Paragraph Bible)


435E1B Paragraph Bible, Holy Bible, King James Version. Local Church Publisher. 1950 pages. [Source: Gift]

First sentence: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

I could gush on and on about how wonderful this Bible is. I love and adore it so much. Sadly my gushing may do you no good--at least not at this time. It appears to be out of stock with the publisher. I'm not sure when/if it will be back in stock. 

The publisher is Local Church Bible Publishers. They only publish Bibles in the King James Version. You can browse their other Bibles here. The Bible I read (and am reviewing here) is the 435E1B Paragraph Bible

I love, love, love, love, love, love, love, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the ironed calfskin leather. LOVE. The feel was super amazing. It was just a JOY, an absolute joy, to hold this one. Based on how it *felt* it is easily one of my favorite Bibles to hold in hand. 

I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the layout of this Bible. I love that it is 11 point font. I love that it is single column. I love that it is paragraph instead of verse by verse by verse. I love that it is BLACK LETTER. It does NOT have self-pronouncing text. 

I should also note that this Bible while not being marketed as a READERS Bible is without chapters and verses. This may make you super sad or super confused. But for those looking for a PRINT edition of the KJV without verse numbers, it is a dream. (I do own a hardback KJV Readers Bible but the ghosting is absolutely horrible in it. A true distraction.) 

It was a great balance of size and weight. Font is large enough to read easily. NOT a heavy Bible to carry. The paper was not super thin or super thick. There is some bleed through or ghosting. But not more than you'd find in almost any other Bible published in the last ten to twenty years. And I'd say it was probably less ghosting than some Bibles published recently. It wasn't bothersome enough to impact reading or the duration of reading.

Many of the individual books (though not all certainly) were read in one sitting. There was no eye strain. 

This Bible has two ribbons. I personally like ribbons. I am thankful for any Bible with at least two ribbons. Bibles with just one ribbon are a little sad. While there may be such a thing as having too many ribbons in a bible--two is a reasonable amount for most any reader. I've read the Bible through cover to cover and so far the ribbons are holding up well. 

I really love the King James Version. I do. It is not my only translation. I am not King James Only by any stretch of the imagination. But I find the KJV hard to resist. I do. I have a weakness for it. 

This is the Bible that checks all my own personal boxes. 

From the publisher: 
Size: Hand Size
Number of Pages: 1,950
Translators to the Readers: No
Presentation Page/Family Tree: No
Self-Pronouncing Text: No
Center Column Reference: No
Notes: No
Words of Christ in Red: No
Ribbons: Two
Concordance: No
Maps: No
Font Size: 11 Point Font,  Large Font
Cover: Executive (Ironed Calfskin)
Cover Style: 1 Piece Black
Open: 13″ x 8.75″
Closed: 8.75″″ x 6″ x 1.5″
Margins (in/out/top/bottom): 0.5″ x 0.5″ x 0.375″ x 0.375


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: