Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Book Review: The Creole Princess

Creole Princess (Gulf Coast Chronicles #2). Beth White. 2015. Revell. 352 pages. [Source: Review copy]

I enjoyed reading Beth White's Creole Princess. I think I enjoyed it even more than the first in the series, Pelican Bride. Creole Princess is set on the Gulf Coast (in Louisiana and Alabama) during the 1770s and showcases the tension between nations and races.

In Creole Princess, readers meet Lyse Lanier and Rafael Gonzalez.

I loved Lyse as a heroine. I enjoyed spending time with her and her family and friends. Her life isn't easy, and, she has to make some difficult choices, but through it all, I cared about her.

I did love Rafael as a hero. He didn't make the best first impression, but, then again neither did she. But both hero and heroine grew on me as the novel progressed.

I also liked the way their relationship developed. It felt natural and right, not rushed.

Overall, I liked it and would definitely recommend it.

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: