Monday, June 21, 2010

Musing Mondays: Favorite Genres


This week’s musing asks:

Name your top 2-3 favorite genres (the ones you read most from).

I read a lot. I read 'secular' (aka mainstream, or general) books and christian books.

I love reading Christian books. Particularly historical romances and christian nonfiction. Right now I'm reading What is The Gospel by Greg Gilbert. And I was thrilled today when Courting Morrow Little by Laura Frantz and The Sister Wife by Diane Noble arrived in the mail. Both are tour books for the Christian Fiction Blog Alliance. (You probably don't want to know how excited I got when I "discovered" that there is going to be a MacArthur Study Bible in the ESV translation released later this year. Giddy doesn't even capture it.)

I also love reading historical fiction--historical romance. Think Georgette Heyer. I love, love, love Heyer's romance novels. Especially the Regency ones. If you haven't read her, you should definitely give her a try! I just finished reading The Black Sheep. I'll have a review up of that soon at Becky's Book Reviews. Sylvester is the one I finished just before that.

For my third choice, I'd pick classics. I love Anthony Trollope and Elizabeth Gaskell to name just two.

No comments: