Saturday, April 16, 2011

Easter Presents For The Kids (Gift Ideas)

Do I believe in the Easter bunny? No. I can't remember the Easter bunny ever visiting me as a child. For Easter was always about the resurrection. About Jesus rising from the dead! About how every morning is Easter morning from now on. But I do think this Lent/Easter season is a good one for gift-giving. A good opportunity for parents and grandparents to help focus the excitement in the right direction, in a heavenly direction.

Board Books

Baby Bible: Stories About Jesus. Illustrated by Constanza Basaluzzo. Robin Currie. 2008. 32 pages.  [My review]

My Toddler Bible. Bethan James & Yorgos Sgouros. 2008. Tyndale. 36 pages. [My review]

Rise and Shine. Illustrated by Tim Warnes. (Song is in the public domain.) 2010. February 2010. Board Book. Simon & Schuster. 26 pages. [My review]

The Story of Easter. Patricia A. Pingry. Illustrated by Lorraine Wells. 1998. 26 pages.

Picture Books

God is Great: A Toddlers Bible Storybook by Carolyn Larsen. Illustrated by Caron Turk. 2011. Crossway Publishers. 44 pages. [My review]

Mortimer's First Garden. Karma Wilson. 2009.  Illustrated by Dan Andreasen. Simon & Schuster. 32 pages. [My review]

Thank You, God (various authors), illustrated by Sophie Allsopp. 2009. (January of 2009) Simon & Schuster. [My review]

Larger Bible Story Books

The Big Picture Story Bible. David R. Helm. 2004/2010. Crossway Publishers. 456 pages. [My review


My First Read-Aloud Bible. Retold by Mary Batchelor & Penny Boshoff. 2010. February 2010. Scholastic. 256 pages. [My review


My Story Bible: 66 Favorite Stories. Jan Godfrey. 2009. Illustrated by Paola Bertolini Grudina. Tyndale. [My review]


The Jesus Storybook Bible: Deluxe Edition. Sally Lloyd-Jones. 2009. Zonderkidz. 352 pages. [My review


Classic Bible Storybook: More Than 120 Bible Stories From Kenneth N. Taylor. Tyndale Publishing. 270 pages. [My review


Mighty Acts of God: A Family Bible Story Book. Written by Starr Meade. Illustrated by Tim O'Connor. 2010. Crossway. 288 pages. [My review


Children's Bibles


ESV Seek and Find Bible. Crossway Publishing. 2010. 1888 pages. [My review

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: