How many precious truths and promises can you find in today's passage of 2 Timothy 1:9-12:
He has saved us and called us
with a holy calling,
not according to our works,
but according to His own purpose and grace,
which was given to us in Christ Jesus
before time began.
This has now been made evident
through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus,
who has abolished death
and has brought life and immortality to light
through the gospel.
For this gospel I was appointed a herald, apostle, and teacher, and that is why I suffer these things. But I am not ashamed, because I know the One I have believed in and am persuaded that He is able to guard what has been entrusted to me until that day.
- What do we learn about God in this passage?
- What do we learn about ourselves--if indeed we are believers?
- Is there any thing about this passage that amazes or wows you?
- Have you ever considered that you were saved and called before time began?
- Have you noticed it "was given to us in Christ Jesus" and not apart from Christ Jesus?
- How does the fact that Christ Jesus abolished death change the way you think about life? about death?
- Do you, like Paul, know the ONE you have you believed in?
Try reading and meditating on these passages too:
- Ephesians 1:3-23
- Ephesians 2:1-22
- Ephesians 3:14-21
- 1 Peter 1:3-25
© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible