Sunday, October 18, 2020

Berean Playlist #10 Lift My Eyes


See my blog post: 
On Being Berean, Part 2 for context on this series. It's been over a year since my last post. This week's song is by I Am They. The link to the lyrics video

This song released just two weeks ago--earlier in October 2020. As soon as I heard the song I thought I HAVE TO WRITE ABOUT THIS SONG. 

I've never asked these questions
I've never felt so broken
Oh God, what do I do now?
I've never cried this way
I've never seen such pain
Oh, God, what do I do now?
My tears have been my food day and night,
While they say to me all day long, “Where is your God?” 
Why are you in despair, O my soul?
And why have you become disturbed within me?
Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him
For the help of His presence. (from Psalm 42)

Oh that my grief were actually weighed
And laid in the balances together with my calamity! (from Job 6)

Put my tears in Your bottle.
Are they not in Your book? (from Psalm 56)

But even here, even now

I lift my eyes to Heaven and remember I am loved
I lift these weary hands and let my Father pick me up
More than answers, more than healing
God, Your presence is enough
I lift my eyes to Heaven and remember
You're still where my help comes from
I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth. (from Psalm 121)

Like a shepherd He will tend His flock,
In His arm He will gather the lambs
And carry them in His bosom;
He will gently lead the nursing ewes. (from Isaiah 40)

I have set the Lord continually before me;
Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. (from Psalm 16)

When I am afraid,
I will put my trust in You.
In God, whose word I praise,
In God I have put my trust;
I shall not be afraid.
What can mere man do to me? (from Psalm 56)
All my fears came true
But they're no match for You
Oh God, come and hold me now
And be my Prince of Peace
Share my suffering
Oh God, come and hold me now
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (From Philippians 4)

For all things are possible with God. (from Mark 10)

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ. But if we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; or if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which is effective in the patient enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer; and our hope for you is firmly grounded, knowing that as you are sharers of our sufferings, so also you are sharers of our comfort. (from 2 Corinthians 1)

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. (from Romans 8)

In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of  God. And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. (from Romans 8)

If You are near to the broken-hearted
Then You are here with me
You take my sorrow inside Your hands and
You turn it to victory
If You are near to the broken-hearted
Then You are here with me
You take my sorrow inside Your hands and
You turn it to victory
The righteous cry, and the Lord hears
And delivers them out of all their troubles.
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted
And saves those who are crushed in spirit. (from Psalm 34)

He heals the brokenhearted
And binds up their wounds. (from Psalm 147)

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
Because the Lord has anointed me
To bring good news to the afflicted;
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to captives
And freedom to prisoners;
To proclaim the favorable year of the Lord
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
To grant those who mourn in Zion,
Giving them a garland instead of ashes,
The oil of gladness instead of mourning,
The mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting.
So they will be called oaks of righteousness,
The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified. (from Isaiah 61)

O taste and see that the Lord is good;
How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him! (from Psalm 34)

Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. (from Hebrews 4)

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. (from James 4) 

You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble;
You surround me with songs of deliverance. (From Psalm 32)

One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord
And to meditate in His temple.
For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle;
In the secret place of His tent He will hide me;
He will lift me up on a rock. (from Psalm 27)

This I recall to my mind,
Therefore I have hope.
The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I have hope in Him.”
The Lord is good to those who wait for Him,
To the person who seeks Him.
It is good that he waits silently
For the salvation of the Lord. (from Lamentations 3)

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: