Wednesday, December 13, 2023

20. Nelson NASB 1977 Royal Reference Bible

Nelson NASB 1977 776B Royal Reference Bible. God. 1977 (1989) 1460 pages. [Source: Bought]


First sentence: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

I have lost track of how many times I've read the NASB 1977 in 2023. I have. It's become one of my all-time favorite, favorite, favorite translations. Honestly I couldn't imagine not having this one as one of my go-to translations. Always handy. 

This one was a great find thrifted. It is double column with center column reference. Words of Christ in red. The words are almost brown. They could have faded from a dark red to brown. The font size is small. But the book is VERY light weight. It is truly like a feather compared to something like the Thompson Chain Reference. It is definitely compact. Could be easily read just about anywhere including in bed. There is a concordance and color maps.


I read this one using the "Super Glutton" Bible Reading Plan that I created a few months ago. This is my second time to use that plan. It works GREAT. I used it differently this time around. The original plan has four columns. The first time through (with another Bible, another translation) I went across all four columns. Two in the morning. Two in the evening. This second time, I decided to read just two columns. One row from two columns in the morning. One row from two columns in the evening. I spent about fifteen days (give or take two or three) reading the Torah and New Testament. I spent about ten days (give or take two or three) reading the Prophets and the Writings. I did pick up speed the last few days because the minor prophets (and Chronicles) went VERY quickly. Momentum builds. 

My start date: November 21, 2023. My end date: December 13, 2023. 

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: