Tuesday, August 6, 2024

16. NASB 1977 New Inductive Study Bible


The New Inductive Study Bible. NASB (New American Standard, 1977). God. 1992. 2296 pages. [Source: Bought] [5/5 stars] 

First sentence: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Start date: June 28, 2024
End date: August 6, 2024

I absolutely love, love, love the New American Standard Bible, in particular I love, love, love the 1977 edition of the NASB. 

This will not be a review of the "new inductive" features. There is a massive system of bible study--bible marking--involved in the inductive study method. I did not seek to try to learn it. 

Believe it or not, I did *slow* down my reading for this read through. I read ONE book at a time. I underlined. I wrote in the wide margins. I jotted down questions. I intentionally thought about how verses fit into chapters, and how chapters fit into books. I was more observant when it came to recurring themes. I finished the book quickly because I was enthusiastic about spending time in the Word of God. I read twice a day for varying amounts of time.

This one is SINGLE column, black letter, fairly large print. Though I didn't follow the instructions for the inductive method, I did enjoy some of the charts, illustrations, and books introductions. 



© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: