Sunday, August 18, 2024

18. King James Version, Regency 883MC


18. KJV Nelson Regency, 883MC, Giant Print. 1990. Thomas Nelson. 1600 pages. [Source: Bought] [5 stars]

First sentence: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Start date: July 8, 2024
End date: August 18, 2024

I love, love, love the King James Version. This is not shocking to anyone who regularly reads my reviews. This is, I believe, the fifth read-through of the King James Version for 2024. On paper, the KJV Regency seems like it would be a great fit for me. However, I didn't really love this particular text block or text layout. 

It is GIANT PRINT. Which is great--mostly. But this one had absolute horrible ghosting. So the words may be giant in size, but the bleed through kept it from being easy on the eyes. 

And the red letters--Words of Christ appear in red--were not ideal in color. Again, this layout was a bit of a strain when it didn't have to be. I do wonder if the *color* of red varies in individual Bibles. Looking at Bibles printed thirty plus years ago, has the color faded? Maybe, maybe not. 

But the basics are that this one is double column, words of Christ in red, giant print, minimal end of verse references. 

This one is relatively easy to find thrifting, and if the King James is not your favorite and best translation, this one wouldn't be a bad choice for a King James to have for reference or occasional use. I don't regret buying it, but I don't this being my favorite and best edition of the King James. 

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: