Saturday, September 22, 2012

Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing

I am always looking for great children's books, specifically great children's books for Christian families. I love discovering new bible story books, new devotional books, new picture books and board books. One of my favorite books is Sally Lloyd Jones' The Jesus Storybook Bible. (It's definitely in my top three!!! It's a book that I always am ready to gush about and eager to recommend!) So I was so thrilled to learn that Sally Lloyd Jones has written a companion devotional called Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing. Zonderkidz is releasing it in early October.

This devotional offers 101 "simple but profound" thoughts on faith. The entries are kid-friendly and often conversational in tone. I really enjoyed the artwork by Jago. I think the more I read in this one and in the Jesus Storybook Bible, the more I've come to appreciate how beautiful the illustrations are. They definitely add to the book.

I like that each entry is based on Scripture or inspired by Scripture. I like that it covers a wide area of scriptural and spiritual truths.


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

1 comment:

Jago said...

Hi, I'm Jago, the illustrator, just wanted to say thanks for your nice comments about my illustrations.

:-)