Monday, September 3, 2012

Music Review: Light for the Lost Boy

Last week, Andrew Peterson released a new album, Light for the Lost Boy!!! I've hardly been listening to anything else! It is such a wonderful album! Of course, that is EXACTLY what I expected. Peterson has never disappointed me, not even slightly!!! The songs include:

Come Back Soon
The Cornerstone
Rest Easy
The Voice of Jesus
The Ballad of Jody Baxter
Day by Day
Shine Your Light
Carry the Fire
You'll Find Your Way
Don't You Want To Thank Someone

One thing I noticed right away--perhaps because I was reading Romans--was how "Come Back Soon" and "Rest Easy" both seem to capture Romans 8. Granted, "Rest Easy" could be said to "capture" a lot of different scriptures, or scriptural promises, including Matthew 11:28, Matthew 28:20, and Romans 8:31-39. "Come Back Soon" seems to capture Romans 8:18-23.

The more I listen to the album, the more connections I'm beginning to make.

Early favorites include "Rest Easy," "The Voice of Jesus," "You'll Find Your Way," and "Day by Day." Though I enjoy all the songs and my favorites may change as I continue to listen to the album in the upcoming weeks and months!

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: