Earlier in the year, I reviewed Jesus, Our Man in Glory: Twelve Messages from the book of Hebrews. and Experiencing the Presence of God. Jesus, Author of Our Faith is (yet) another sermon collection that focuses on Hebrews. (That makes three Tozer books that share a common focus: Hebrews!!!) This collection seems to focus on Hebrews 11-13.
- Jesus, Author of Our Faith
- Enoch: Faith Takes Us to the Rapture
- Noah: Faith Does What God Asks
- Faith Answers When God Calls
- Faith Values the Pilgrim Journey
- Faith is Finding God for Ourselves
- Faith Has Eyes Only for Jesus
- Faith and Discipline Ready Us for Heaven
- Faith Is Not Given Us to Faith
- Faith's Manifesto: We Claim God Now!
- Faith Will Endure the Final Shaking
- Faith Rests on an Unchanging Jesus
This is a wonderful little book. I love reading Tozer because he's so zealous, so enthusiastic, so in-love with Christ, so diligent in the Word. And I do think he offers readers a chance to take their faith and beliefs seriously. Tozer can definitely be challenging and thought provoking because sometimes the message we NEED to hear isn't the message we WANT to hear. Or maybe we want the message to apply to others but not to ourselves. Tozer doesn't accept excuses, and he asks readers to think critically, which is a great thing.
The Christian gospel always has been and must continue to be a gospel of alarm... The gospel message is a gospel of hope and good news to those who respond and believe. But the gospel message is starkly plain to those who do not believe. (34)
The greatest encouragement throughout the Bible is God's love for His lost race and the willingness of Christ, the eternal Son, to show forth that love in God's plan of redemption. The love of Jesus is so inclusive that it knows no boundaries. At the point where we stop caring and loving, Jesus is still there loving and caring. (144)
© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible