Friday, December 4, 2015

Book Review: Then Sings My Soul

Then Sings My Soul. Robert J. Morgan. 2010. Thomas Nelson. 310 pages. [Source: Bought]

I enjoyed rereading this one. Did I know I was rereading it? No, not really. Not until GoodReads told me I read it in 2012! Apparently I not only read it, but reviewed it too.

Then Sings My Soul is a collection of hymn stories by Robert J. Morgan. There are hymns for all occasions--including Easter and Christmas. Chances are it contains some of your favorites. But chances are also good that there will be a few new-to-you songs as well.

I really enjoyed the story aspect of it. Learning more about who wrote it, when it was written, why it was written, etc.

My top ten hymns (chosen from the hymns within this collection)

1. Because He Lives
2. Amazing Grace
3. How Great Thou Art
4. Leaning on the Everlasting Arms
5. When We All Get To Heaven
6. Oh How I Love Jesus
7. What A Friend We Have in Jesus
8. Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus
9. Softly and Tenderly
10. Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: