- Few under the Old Testament were brought into the world with such expectations as Isaac. He was in this a type of Christ, that Seed which the holy God so long promised, and holy men so long expected.
- Many who have reason to be comforted, go mourning from day to day, because they do not see the reason they have for comfort. There is a well of water near them in the covenant of grace, but they are not aware of it, till the same God that opened their eyes to see their wound, opens them to see their remedy.
- A man may go idle to hell, but he that will go to heaven, must be diligent.
- There is great proneness in us to think that we have too little, and others too much of the tokens of God’s favor; and that we do too much, and others too little in the work of God. But if God gives grace to others, it is kindness to them, and no injustice to us.
- It was a ransom for many, enough for all, working upon many; and, if for many, then the poor trembling soul may say, Why not for me?
- Our Lord speaks of his death in the terms applied to the sacrifices of old. It is a sacrifice for the sins of men, and is that true and substantial sacrifice, which those of the law faintly and imperfectly represented.
- There is mercy enough in Christ for all that ask.
© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible