Thursday, January 18, 2018

Ten Bookish/Bloggish Goals for 2018

This week's topic is bookish resolutions for 2018. The host is That Artsy Reader Girl.

1. It is a good rule, after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between. If that is too much for you, you should at least read one old one to every three new ones. C.S. Lewis This quote was the inspiration for my new reading challenge. It is my approach for reading in 2018. So far, so good. I am LOVING keeping track on GoodReads. New books; old books. I am also using a calendar which I'm color-coding to keep track of my old and new books.

2. To read both fiction and nonfiction. It is super-easy for me to focus on Christian nonfiction and practically ignore Christian fiction. I keep up with what I read on this post.

3. To improve my feedback ratio on Netgalley. Or at the very least steadily increase my number of feedback sent titles. I would love to keep my "current titles" to under 16--though realistically that might need to be around twenty. I would love to work on my "older than three months" shelf as well. By the end of the year, I'd love my feedback sent to be OVER three-hundred or around three-hundred.

4. To read more books from my Christian TBR shelf. Right now, it's sitting at 845. And that number will just keep growing. Every time I receive a review copy or buy a book, it gets added. The ones added before January 1, 2018 will get to count towards my Mount TBR challenge.

5. To read R.C. Sproul. (Author Love Challenge)

6. To read J.C. Ryle. (Victorian Reading Challenge)

7. To keep up with my TBR Pile challenge so that I'm not overwhelmed the second half of the year.

8. To read books by/about Reformers and Puritans. (Reformation Reading Challenge; Cloud of Witnesses)

9. To read the Bible daily.

10. To keep up with Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon.

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: