Friday, July 13, 2018

Psalm 104:33-34

A few weeks ago I wrote a post sharing my thoughts on Psalm 146:2. Today I want to share my thoughts on a sister verse: Psalm 104:33-34. Though I'm still reading in the King James Version--the Daily Chronological Bible--I read this psalm in the Living translation earlier this week. 
I will sing to the Lord as long as I live. I will praise God to my last breath! May he be pleased by all these thoughts about him, for he is the source of all my joy. Psalm 104:33-34 Living Bible
I love two things about this passage. First, the stress on 'as long as I live' and 'to my last breath.' But I covered that aspect in the earlier post. 

Second, 'he is the source of all my joy.' That's one of those phrases that deserves attention.

He is the source of all my joy.
He is the source of all my joy.
He is the source of all my joy.
He is the source of all my joy.
He is the source of all my joy.
He is the source of all my joy.


  • My meditation of Him shall be sweet; I will be glad in the Lord. KJ21
  • Let my meditation be sweet unto him: I will rejoice in Jehovah. ASV
  • May my meditation be sweet and pleasing to Him; As for me, I will rejoice and be glad in the LordAMP
  • May my meditation be pleasing to him; I will rejoice in the Lord. CSB
  • Let my praise be pleasing to him; I’m rejoicing in the Lord! CEB
  • I hope my thoughts will please you, because you are the one who makes me glad CEV
  • May my meditation be pleasing to him, for I rejoice in the Lord. ESV
  • Let my words be acceptable unto him: I will rejoice in the Lord. 1599 Geneva Bible
  • May he be pleased with my song, for my gladness comes from him. GNT
  • My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. KJV
  • May my meditation be sweet to Him, for I will be glad in the Lord. MEV
  • Let my meditation be pleasing to Him; As for me, I shall be glad in the Lord. NASB
  • May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the Lord. NIV
  • May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoicein the Lord. NKJV
  • May all my thoughts be pleasing to him, for I rejoice in the Lord. NLT
  • May you be pleased with every sweet thought I have about you, for you are the source of my joy and gladness. The Passion Translation

What do we base our meditations on? What do we meditate on? How can you meditate on God without meeting God in his Word? The meditations of God that please God are those that have their source--their beginning, their foundation--from the Word. 



© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: