Wednesday, January 29, 2020

An Exercise

Trust.
Trust in...
Yourself?
Your conscience?
Your intuition?
Your reason?
Your intellect?
Your opinions?
Your feelings?
Your impressions?
Your experiences?

NO!
The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately sick!

Trust in the...
world around you?
society you live in?
media?
books you read?
pastors you listen to?
denomination you grew up in?
church you attend?
NO!

Trust in the LORD.
The Lord. 
Not a Lord.
Not "my" Lord. 
The lord of my own creating, 
of my own making, 
of my own imagination. 
THE LORD. 
The LORD revealed in 66 Sacred Books. 
The One True God.

Trust in the LORD with all...your heart
not some
not most
not sometimes
not most times
not as a last resort
not as a last hope

Unite my heart to fear your name, I cry!

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And do not lean on your own...
strength
power
intellect
insight
reason
wisdom
understanding.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways
not some of your ways
not most of your ways
not many of your ways
not a few of your ways
BUT ALL YOUR WAYS

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And do not lean on your own understanding
In all your ways acknowledge him,
Acknowledge?
Accept HIS WILL
Accept HIS RULE
Accept HIS WAY
Admit that He is God; You are NOT.
Confess your weakness.
Confess your need.
Confess your sin.
Make me to know your ways, O Lord;
Teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truth and teach me,
for you are the God of my salvation;
for you I wait all the day long.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

He who makes straight paths  is He who...

makes me lie down in green pastures.
leads me beside still waters.
 restores my soul.
leads me in paths of righteousness. 

Oh, magnify the LORD with me,
and let us exalt his name together!



© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: