Saturday, September 18, 2021

Come-to-Jesus End of Year Assessment

So we're in the last four months of the year. Here is the time I both a) get super excited thinking about 2022 reading goals and plans and b) start to worry that I won't finish THIS year's reading plans and goals. It's a tricky time of asking myself hard questions like DO I WANT TO TRY TO FINISH THIS BIBLE THIS YEAR? OR DO I WANT TO SAVE THIS BIBLE FOR NEXT YEAR? 

So how many ongoing current projects do I have? Quite a few. 

I'm still reading the ESV with the M'Cheyne Reading Plan. This one isn't a big deal. It's an app. It takes a few minutes. I'm never tempted to read ahead. Nor am I tempted to skip a day. This one is just in the background.

The Horner Plan. I'm on my fourth Bible reading this plan. I randomly--completely so--chose a GIANT print HCSB for this project. I am not 100% confident that I will finish it cover to cover by the end of the year. But I'm not actively worried that I won't. I *think* it took about three-to-four months for the other read throughs. And so this one *should* be fine. Probably. Mostly. 

KJV. This is a paragraph bible with NO verse numbers. I love and adore it so, so, so much. It's from a smaller publishing house, but the quality is outstanding. Again, love, love, love. Anyway, I've got Isaiah through Malachi, the gospel of John, 1 Timothy through Hebrews, and 1 John through Revelation. I would love to finish this Bible this year and review it.

BSB. I'm reading the BSB (Berean Study Bible) using the Power 60 reading plan. I'm 30 days into the plan. I just finished the book of Psalms today. I have Proverbs through Revelation to read. As long as I keep going at a steady pace, I can easily fit in thirty more readings. I am so excited to review this translation.

1537 Thomas Matthew Bible. I've got Esther through Revelation. I only started this one this month, and I'm pleased with my progress. It seems to be a steady, enjoyable, engaging read. 

Last but not least, there is the NASB Schuyler. At this point, I don't know if I should commit to reading this one through this year....or save it and start over next year. I've got Leviticus through Judges, 1 Samuel through 2 Kings, Psalms through Daniel, the gospel of John, 1 and 2 Corinthians, Ephesians through Revelation. 

Can I finish SIX bibles in four months? 


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: