Thursday, September 30, 2021

September Reflections

Bible Reading
  • In September, I read Psalm 119 thirty days in a row.
  • In September, I read Malachi thirty days in a row.
  • In September, I continued to read the HCSB using a very modified Professor Horner plan.
  • In September, I finished the 1611 KJV. 
  • In September, I began reading the 1537 Thomas Matthew Bible. I've read Genesis through Ezekiel! Not bad for one month's work!!!
  • In September, I continued reading the Power 60 reading plan in the BSB on the YouVersion app. I am a dozen plus days ahead of the plan. I've read Genesis through John 5.
  • In September, I continued the ESV M'Cheyne reading plan using the ESV app. (I did in August too, but somehow didn't list it????)
  • In September, I read some in the KJV. This is a paragraph bible with NO verse numbers. I love and adore it so, so, so much. It's from a smaller publishing house, but the quality is outstanding.
  • In September, (well the last week of September) I began using the Daily Office from the Book of Common Prayer. 

Books Reviewed at Operation Actually Read Bible


54. Enjoying the Bible. Matthew Mullins. 2021. 224 pages. [Source: Review copy]
55. Holier Than Thou: How God's Holiness Helps Us Trust Him. Jackie Hill Perry. 2021. 192 pages. [Source: Review copy]
56. The Moonlight School.Suzanne Woods Fisher. 2021. [February] 320 pages. [Source: Review copy]
57. Rediscovering Holinessby J.I. Packer. 2021. 384 pages. [Source: Review copy]
58. When Twilight Breaks. Sarah Sundin. 2021. [February] 365 pages. [Source: Review copy]
59. The Whole Story for the Whole Family. Michael Kelley. 2021. 448 pages. [Source: Review copy]
60. The Librarian's Journey: Four Historical Romances. Patty Smith Hall, Cynthia Hickey, Marilyn Turk, Kathleen Y'Barbo. 2021. [October] 352 pages. [Source: Review copy]
61. The Weight of Memoryby Shawn Smucker. [July] 304 pages. [Source: Review copy]
62. The Heritage of Anglican Theologyby J.I. Packer. 2021. 384 pages. [Source: Review copy]


Bibles Reviewed at Operation Actually Read Bible


7.Annotated King James Bible 1611 (In Early Modern English) Historical Series. 4512 pages. [Source: Bought]



© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: