Wednesday, November 24, 2021

13. Jubilee Bible


Jubilee Bible: From the Scriptures of the Reformation. Edited by Russell M. Stendal. 2013. 1152 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. And the earth was without order, and empty; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light, and there was light.


I have owned this Bible since 2013--or possibly early 2014--but have never read it cover to cover. 

The print edition is verse by verse by verse. It is also black letter. The font size is small, but it's also lightweight. Essentially this one is much like any thinline Bible. The biggest weakness of this one is how THIN the pages are. Without a piece of black construction paper cut to match the size of the pages, they'd be no reading this one without much strain and some stress.

The Jubilee Bible is available on several bible sites including YouVersion and BibleGateway. 

I read the Jubilee Bible using the Power 60 bible reading plan. It is my second time using the Power 60 plan this year. I guess you could say I've come to like/love that plan. 

I definitely liked it. I don't know that it's become a new favorite, favorite, favorite translation. But I solidly liked it.  

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: