Wednesday, June 29, 2022

11. Revised Version (1885)


Holy Bible: (English) Revised Version 1885. God. 1963 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 

I loved, loved, loved, loved, loved this translation so much. IF ONLY it was available in a print format. What I loved about this one is that it has ALL THE THINGS I love, love, love about the King James Version minus a few of the things I don't love. For example, Osee becomes the familiar HOSEA and Esaias becomes the familiar ISAIAH. I am sure there are more changes if I was to read chapters parallel to one another. 

There is something so beautiful, so smooth, so magnificent about the King James translation. This translation retains all of that. 

I bought the e-book edition YEARS ago. I also discovered recently that it was on YouVersion. Since YouVersion doesn't have page numbers, I am reviewing the e-book edition that I own. I used the 30 day Shred Bible reading plan. Start date June 1, 2022, and end date June 29, 2022. 

I do recommend this translation. I think it is under-appreciated. 

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: