Thursday, June 9, 2022

Translations I would LOVE to see in YouVersion


I am relatively new to YouVersion. I've been using this app for a little over a year. Not exclusively. (Never exclusively.) But for what it is, it is great. I absolutely was giddy when they added the BSB and LSB translations. The LSB translation was a recent add--in the last month. But it did get me thinking...what translations would I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE CRAZY love to see be added to YouVersion.

New International Version 1984.

I know this will probably never happen. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be an awesome add. I don't think I'm alone in this. I think a LOT of people would love to see the NIV 84 have an ONLINE PRESENCE in YouVersion (and other apps). 

New American Standard 1977. 

I love, love, love, love this translation. I do. I love the way it flows. It *is* available as an e-book--with and without translator's notes. It is on Bible-Hub. But I *needs* it on YouVersion for convenience. 

New English Bible (1970)

Not to be confused with the NET New English Translation. This is an older British translation that I just love and adore. 

Revised English Bible (1989)

An update of the New English Bible. These two translations don't get enough love. I would rather read the NEB or the REB over some of these newer translations or paraphrases. 



© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: