Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Fourteen years of Operation Actually Read Bible


Today my baby, my blog baby--youngest of three--is turning fourteen! 

My first post was called THE MISSION.

My goal--obvious as it may be--is to actually read the Bible. You might think that I've not read it. But that wouldn't be the case. I've read it a dozen or so times over the past twenty years. However, I've not been in the habit of reading it lately. For the past three or four years, my reading of the Bible has been pitiful to nil. I know--rationally speaking--that I NEED to read the Bible...that I NEED to study and read and pray. But it's not a part of my daily routine. Hence why I'm challenging myself to ACTUALLY read the Bible instead of just talking about how I need to start one day soon.
I usually share favorite posts from the past year, but, some years are more difficult. This past year was more difficult. I typically do reviews of books and bibles. I occasionally do other types of posts. It's hard for me to pick reviews because this isn't really a picking my favorite books post. Anyway, here are some posts to look back at:


ETA: I decided to check my comments, and it turns out some actual people (as opposed to fake spammers) left comments in 2021/2022. They have now been published. Sorry I didn't think to check sooner. 

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Congratulations on fourteen years! I always enjoy reading what you have to say. Before reading your blog it never occurred to me to read the Bible like a novel - large chunks at a time. Your blog posts inspire me to keep reading the Bible, even when its slow going.