Sunday, January 29, 2023

Sunday Salon #5


Current Bible plans and projects:


ESV Church History Bible (Daily Offices from the Book of Common Prayer).
 This week I read Psalms 107 - 138; Proverbs 22-28; Joshua 13-24; Judges 1-21; Ruth 1-4; 1 Samuel 1-20; Galatians 1-6; Mark 1-16; Ephesians 1-6. I am continuing to love this one.


ESV Large Print Thinline Reference Bible. I finished this one this week and reviewed it. The books I read this week were Psalms 90-150. 1 Peter. 2 Peter. Proverbs. Gospel of John. 1 John. 2 John. 3 John. Jude. Revelation. 

NRSV XL (Anglicized Catholic). This is the Bible I am now reading with the Be Thou My Vision devotional. (I was reading ESV Large Print Thinline). This one has a unique layout/size/design. I am liking it so far. This week I read 1 Chronicles. 2 Chronicles. Job. Ezra. Nehemiah. Song of Solomon. Wisdom of Solomon. Genesis. Exodus 1-15. (For the record, I am neither British nor Catholic. I just like the design/size of the Bible).

BSB M'Cheyne. I am reading this on the YouVersion app. Genesis 23-29; Matthew 22-28; Nehemiah 12-13; Esther 1-5; Acts 22-28. This week's plan saw the finishing up of Nehemiah, Matthew, and Acts! Sometimes this plan seems so slow...and then you get several 'accomplishments' all at once.

Growing 4 Life, January, Mark 1-4. I'm not sure if this week the FB group will be starting the next section of Mark or not? We'll see. Regardless, this past week I read Mark 1-4 in these translations: BSB, NASB 95, 1611 KJV, NASB 77, NLT, LSB, BSB. 

Current plans for other books:

I reviewed one Bible and two books this week! I also finished two books. I'll be reviewing them soon!

Questions:

Do you ever have trouble deciding what Bible to read or what Bible to read next? 
Have you read any good books lately?


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I love that you review Bible's! I usually stick with one Bible for a year or three, LOL, then I want a new Bible.