Tuesday, January 24, 2023

1. ESV Large Print Thinline (Brown, Top Grain)


ESV Large Print Thinline Reference Bible. 2001/2016. God. 1232 pages. [Source: Gift] (ISBN: 9781433532788)

First sentence: In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

Truth For Life Ministries offered this Bible recently for $35. It is a "top grain leather" thinline reference bible. If you can still get this Bible for that price, I highly recommend it. 

I started this Bible on November 19, 2022 and finished it on January 24, 2023. 

I love, love, love, love, love, crazy love and adore this Bible. I love the raised Bible hubs. I love the happy brown cover. I love the feel of the leather. I love the floppiness of the cover. It is double column (as opposed to single column). It is black letter (as opposed to words of Christ in red). I love that the font size is 10.5. I love that the text is so dark/bold. (I am not saying it is technically all in "bold.") This Bible is easy on the eyes, for the most part. It is also relatively light weight (being a thinline Bible). 

I love reading text-only Bibles. This one does have cross references, though I've never used cross references in my own reading.

The ESV translation is definitely in my top five. (Somedays I'd say it is in my top three.) 

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: