Thursday, January 5, 2023

Album Review: Life After Death


Life After Death
TobyMac
2022
15 songs, 50 minutes.
Spotify. YouTube.

If you'd told me even last week that I'd be listening to a TobyMac album on repeat day after day, well, I wouldn't have believed you. TobyMac has never really been my cup of tea. But this new album of new songs composed [I'm assuming/presuming] after the death of his adult son, well, it is something. Even if you think TobyMac's music isn't your genre of choice, even if you think it's a bit out of your comfort zone, give it a listen. 

The songs on the album:

Help Is On the Way 
The Goodness
Deeper
Show Up Choose Love
Promised Land
Everything About You
Life On It
Faithfully
Cornerstone
Found
Fire's Burnin'
Space
21 Years 
I'm Sorry (a lament)
Rest 

The songs that will break and then heal your heart: Everything About You; Faithfully; 21 Years.

I rarely skip any songs on the album. 

I would say that FAITHFULLY is my absolute favorite, favorite, favorite song on the album. 




© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: