Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Movies



Sing we now of Bing...

For me there are really only TWO essential movies of the season. Holiday Inn. White Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I watch more than just the two. I love more than just those two. But there is just something oh-so-magical about Bing Crosby. He ba-ba-bings into my heart I suppose. Who knows?



I don't love everything about Holiday Inn. I could have done without the Abraham Lincoln number in blackface. I could have done without the big-dance-number for the fourth of July with firecrackers. But almost everything else is oh-so-magical. Especially the ending.

I also adore White Christmas. I don't know how I could ever choose between the two. The singing. The dancing. The falling in love. Again, just oh-so-magical.

This was written for My Friend Amy.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

Ali said...

I've actually never watched this movie! See a lot of scenes from it, but never the whole thing.

Unknown said...

I'm a sucker for old musicals, but maybe it's all the time I spent with my grandmother when I was young. I never heard of Holiday Inn. I'll have to check it out. Thanks,
Jon D. Wilke

maggie moran said...

Ah, you love a musical Becky! I love the songs heard on a record player. We didn't have much TV as a child so we would sit in front of the lit tree and listen to records.

Amy said...

yay! I love Holiday Inn, too. :) I'm always happy to find others who have seen it and love it.