Sunday, December 21, 2008

New Author Challenge


Jackie of Literary Escapism is hosting the New Author 2009 challenge. I'm joining in and I hope to read twelve new-to-me Christian authors for 2009. In the past, I've stuck to authors I'm familiar with--Lynn Austin, Janette Oke, Lauraine Snelling, DeeAnne Gist, etc. I'm hoping to find a lot of new favorites in the new year. If you read in this genre, I'd LOVE to hear your recommendations.

1. Judith Miller, In the Company of Secrets
2. Michelle Moran, Nefertiti
3.Gingham Mountain by Mary Connealy
4. The Convenient Groom by Denise Hunter
5. The Desires of Her Heart by Lyn Cote
6. Heart of a Lion by Gilbert Morris
7. Just Another Girl by Melody Carlson
8. The Passion of Mary Margaret by Lisa Samson
9. Journey to the Well by Diana Wallis Taylor
10. Michal by Jill Eileen Smith
11. Fireflies In December by Jennifer Erin Valent
12. Before The Season Ends by Linore Rose Burkard

I'm open to reading more than twelve. But I'd *hate* to set a goal of 50 and then be disappointed when I can't reach it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This author may be a little outside of the category you are looking for, but came to mind. Cathy Marie Hake writes novels. They are romance novels with a Christian tone to them. They are a little silly, but when you read a lot, it is nice to have an easy read to turn to in the middle of a couple of more heady reads.
I have also been looking to add some Christian reads to my repertoire and look forward to reading more on what you find.
-B

Becky said...

Anonymous, thanks. Cathy Marie Hake is great! I read two or three of her books last year thus disqualifying her from new-to-me. But I agree that she is fun and enjoyable!

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate it. :)