Saturday, December 20, 2008

Faith 'n Fiction Saturdays: Best of the Year

Amy's question this week asks, "...what are your favorite Christian fiction books that you read this year? You can compile your list anyway you like, by genre, ranking, or a favorite book of each month. Be as creative as you like the only requirements are that you read the books this year and that they are Christian fiction."

I read so few Christian fiction books this year. (Bad, bad, Becky) I read under ten titles in fact. I did read some Christian nonfiction though. So I'm not completely hopeless.

My favorites?

If I had to pick just one...I'd choose Until We Reach Home. This one was one of the best books I've ever read. IT's by Lynn Austin. And I highly recommend it.

Getting honorable mentions, I'll highlight Deep In the Heart of Trouble by DeeAnne Gist and Courting Emma by Sharlene MacLaren. Both books were great--definitely enjoyable.

Getting honorable honorable mentions, I'll highlight One Perfect Day by Lauraine Snelling. Also Keeping Holiday by Starr Meade was fun.


Blogged with the Flock Browser

5 comments:

Pam said...

I have read all of those and they were good books. Keeping Holiday was a cute kid's book.

Stormi said...

Seeing your list I remembered some books that I have read but forgot. Just lets me know that I reall have to get my books in order and on paper so I know what I have and have not read..ugh. A book reviewer that needs to get organized. :)

Stormi

Nise' said...

Lynn Austin is a new to me author this year and I have so enjoyed what I've read so far. This one is on my TBR list. Love your honorable mentions too!

Amy said...

Yeah, so haven't read any of them. Sigh. So behind. :)

Lynn Squire said...

Again many that I need to get to.