Saturday, March 23, 2013

Mount TBR: March Checkpoint


I've read seven out of twenty-four books on my list.

1. Preparing for Jesus' Return. A.W. Tozer
2. How You Can Be Sure That You Will Spend Eternity with God. Erwin Lutzer. 
3. One Minute After You Die. Erwin Lutzer. 
4. Your Eternal Reward. Erwin Lutzer. 
5. Jesus + Nothing = Everything. Tullian Tchividjian. 2011. Crossway. 220 pages.
6. Desiring God. John Piper. 
7. All of Grace. Charles Spurgeon.

I've enjoyed almost all of what I've read with one big exception. As for having a favorite, favorite that would be between Preparing for Jesus' Return by A.W. Tozer and Jesus + Nothing = Everything by Tullian Tchividjian. 

I was SURPRISED by how quickly Desiring God went. The first two or three times I attempted this one, I was INTIMIDATED by it and quit a few chapters in. This time through, I treasured the first half of the book and managed the last half. While it didn't AMAZE me like I was hoping, it was still quite good! 

The book that has been on my pile the longest was probably Desiring God or Your Eternal Reward--about ten years! 

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

2 comments:

Bev Hankins said...

With seven down, you're almost a third of the way up the mountain! Looking good.

Darlene said...

It sure does feel good to finally tackle a book that has been sitting on your shelf for so long, doesn't it? Great job!

Here's my March Checkpoint post if you want to check it out:

http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2013/03/mount-tbr-reading-challenge-2013-march.html