Thursday, May 19, 2016

Quotes from the Cloud #19

This year, I hope share weekly posts of quotes. These quotes are from authors I'm reading and enjoying from the Clouds of Witnesses Reading Challenge

For fellow participants, what I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see is for people to share quotes from what they're reading. I'd love for you to share quotes occasionally with your readers and let me know about it. If you don't have a blog, you could always leave quotes in the comments here.
[Jesus] was the clearest, most straightforward, and most outspoken of all speakers. He knew what he meant to say, and he meant his hearers also to know. Turn to his teaching, and see if anyone else ever spoke so simply as he did. He wore his heart upon his sleeve, and spoke out what was in his mind in such plain, clear language that the poorest of the poor, and the lowest of the low were eager to listen to him. ~ Charles Spurgeon
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. ~ C.S. Lewis
I am saved, not because of who I am, but because of what Christ did. My friend, your sins are either on you or they are on Christ. If your sins are on you, you are yet to come up for judgment. If you have trusted Christ, your sins are on Him. He bore them for you, and the judgment is past. ~ J. Vernon McGee, Thru the Bible, Song of Solomon

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: