Friday, December 27, 2019

Bible Review: KJV Spurgeon Study Bible

KJV Spurgeon Study Bible. Edited by Alistair Begg featuring notes by Charles Spurgeon. 2018. Holman Bible Publishers. 1840 pages. [Source: Bought]

I absolutely LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the CSB Spurgeon Study Bible which I received as a birthday gift in November 2017. Most people probably would have skipped purchasing the KJV Spurgeon Study Bible--after all, it's the exact same notes--but I'm not most people. I love, love, love the KJV.

I will say this. The CSB Spurgeon Study Bible has MUCH bigger font than the KJV Spurgeon Study Bible. You would think that since it's the exact same publisher that they would choose the same size font for both versions. But NO that is not the case.

I believe this one is verse, verse, verse and not paragraph format. (The CSB is definitely paragraph.) Perhaps this is why the font size was smaller?

As I said, I loved the CSB Spurgeon Bible so much that I just HAD to gift myself the KJV for Christmas in 2018.

This time instead of typing up my favorite quotes and sharing them on Facebook and ultimately this blog, I wrote out my favorite quotes by hand in a little spiral notebook. There are some true gems in this one. I love and adore Spurgeon.

This is my third time to read the KJV in 2019. And this was my eighth bible to complete in 2019.

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: