Saturday, June 8, 2024

Sixteen Years of Operation Actually Read Bible


Does it feel like my youngest blog should be turning sixteen? No. Am I happy that it is? Yes. These are sixteen years where I've prioritized reading the Word of God in a consistent way. 

My first post was called THE MISSION.

My goal--obvious as it may be--is to actually read the Bible. You might think that I've not read it. But that wouldn't be the case. I've read it a dozen or so times over the past twenty years. However, I've not been in the habit of reading it lately. For the past three or four years, my reading of the Bible has been pitiful to nil. I know--rationally speaking--that I NEED to read the Bible...that I NEED to study and read and pray. But it's not a part of my daily routine. Hence why I'm challenging myself to ACTUALLY read the Bible instead of just talking about how I need to start one day soon.

I usually look back on the past year by sharing posts from June 9, 2023 through June 8, 2024

Movie review: Journey to Bethlehem
Book review: Ladies of the Lake. Cathy Gohlke. 2023. [July] 384 pages. [Source: Review copy]
Book review: Elisabeth Elliot: A Life. Lucy S.R. Austen. 2023. Crossway. 624 pages. [Source: Review copy] [adult nonfiction; biography]

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: