Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Giving Thanks #13 Sleep

Sleep is the gift of God; and not a man would close his eyes, did not God put his fingers on his eyelids; did not the Almighty send a soft and balmy influence over his frame which lulled his thoughts into quiescence, making him enter into that blissful state of rest which we call sleep. ~ Charles Spurgeon, "The Peculiar Sleep of the Beloved"
I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the LORD sustained me. (Psalm 3:5)
In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. (Psalm 4:8)
It is vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep. (Psalm 127:2)
If you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. (Proverbs 3:24)
© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: