Thursday, March 7, 2019

Psalm 73:23-28, Various Translations

Yet I am always with thee, thou holdest my right hand;
thou dost guide me by thy counsel and afterwards wilt receive me with glory.
Whom have I in heaven but thee? And having thee, I desire nothing else on earth.
Though heart and body fail, yet God is my possession for ever.
They who are far from thee are lost; thou dost destroy all who wantonly forsake thee.
But my chief good is to be near thee, O God; I have chosen thee, Lord GOD, to be my refuge. (Psalm 73:23-28, New English Bible)

Yet I am always with you; you hold my right hand.
You guide me by your counsel and afterwards you will receive me with glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you? And having you, I desire nothing else on earth.
Though heart and body fail, yet God is the rock of my heart, my portion for ever.
Those who are far from you will perish; you will destroy all who are unfaithful to you.
But my chief good is to be near you, God; I have chosen you, Lord GOD, to be my refuge, and I shall recount all your works. (Psalm 73:23-28, Revised English Bible)

But even so, you love me! You are holding my right hand!
You will keep on guiding me all my life with your wisdom and counsel, and afterwards receive me into the glories of heaven!
Whom have I in heaven but you? And I desire no one on earth as much as you!
My health fails; my spirits droop, yet God remains! He is the strength of my heart; he is mine forever!
But those refusing to worship God will perish, for he destroys those serving other gods.
But as for me, I get as close to him as I can! I have chosen him, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful ways he rescues me. (Psalm 73:23-28, Living Bible)

Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny.
Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth.
My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.
Those who desert him will perish, for you destroy those who abandon you.
But as for me, how good it is to be near God! I have made the Sovereign LORD my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do. (Psalm 73:23-28, New Living Translation)

Yet I was always with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.
Thou wilt guide me by thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
Whom have I in heaven but thee? and I have desired none in the earth with thee.
My flesh faileth and mine heart also: but God is the strength of mine heart, and my portion forever.
For lo, that they withdraw themselves from thee, shall perish: thou destroys all them got a whoring from thee.
As for me, it is good for me to draw near to God: therefore I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works. (Psalm 73:23-28, 1599 Geneva Bible)

Yet I am always with you; you hold my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me up in glory.
Who do I have in heaven but you? And I desire nothing on earth but you.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart, my portion forever.
Those far from you will certainly perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.
But as for me, God's presence is my good. I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, so I can tell about all you do. (Psalm 73:23-28, CSB)

Yet I am always with You; You hold my right hand.
You guide me with Your counsel, and afterward You will take me up in glory.
Who do I have in heaven but You? And I desire nothing on earth but You.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart, my portion forever.
Those far from You will certainly perish; You destroy all who are unfaithful to You.
But as for me, God's presence is my good. I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, so I can tell about all You do. (Psalm 73:23-28, HCSB)

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Those who are far form you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.
But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds. (Psalm 73:23-28, NIV 1984)

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.
But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds. (Psalm 73:23-28, NIV 2011)

Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
For behold, those who are far from you shall perish; you put an end to everyone who is unfaithful to you.
But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, that I may tell of all your works. (Psalm 73:23-28, ESV)

Nevertheless I am continually with thee; thou dost hold my right hand.
Thou dost guide me with thy counsel, and afterward thou wilt receive me to glory.
Whom have I in heaven but thee? And there is nothing upon earth that I desire besides thee.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion for ever.
For lo, those who are far from thee shall perish; thou dost put an end to those who are false to thee.
But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, that I may tell of all thy works. (Psalm 73:23-28, RSV)

Nevertheless I am continually with You; You have taken hold of my right hand.
With Your counsel You will guide me, And afterward receive me to glory.
Whom have I in heaven but You? And besides You, I desire nothing on earth.
My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
For, behold, those who are far from You will perish;
You have destroyed all those who are unfaithful to You.
But as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, That I may tell of all Your works. (Psalm 73:23-28, NASB)

Nevertheless I am continually with thee: Thou has holden my right hand.
Thou wilt guide me with thy counsel, And afterward receive me to glory.
Whom have I in heaven but thee?
And there is none upon earth that I desire besides thee.
My flesh and my heart faileth; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion for ever.
For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: Thou hast destroyed all them that play the harlot, departing from thee.
But it is good for me to draw near unto God: I have made the Lord Jehovah my refuge, That I may tell of all thy works. (Psalm 73:23-28, ASV)

Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.
Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.
My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee.
But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works. (Psalm 73:23-28, KJV)

Nevertheless I am continually with You; You have held me by my right hand.
You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides You.
My flesh and my heart fails, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
For those who are far from You will perish; You destroy everyone who is unfaithful to You.
But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have taken my refuge in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all Your works. (Psalm 73:23-28, MEV)

Nevertheless I was continually with thee; thou has apprehended me by my right hand.
Thou hast guided me with thy counsel, and afterward thou shalt receive me unto glory.
Whom have I in heaven but thee? And apart from thee there is nothing upon the earth that I desire.
My flesh and my heart fail; the strength of my heart is that God is my portion for ever.
For, behold, those that stray from thee shall perish; thou dost cut off all those that go a whoring from thee.
But as for me, to draw near to God is good; I have put my hope in the Lord GOD that I may declare all thy works. (Psalm 73:23-28, Jubilee Bible)

Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand.
You will guide me with Your counsel, And afterward receive me to glory.
Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.
My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish; You have destroyed all those who desert You for harlotry.
But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, That I may declare all Your works. (Psalm 73:23-28, NKJV)

Even so, I stayed in your presence, you held my right hand;
now guide me with advice and in the end receive me into glory.
I look to no one else in heaven, I delight in nothing else on earth.
My flesh and my heart are pining with love, my heart's Rock, my own, God for ever!
So then: those who abandon you are doomed, you destroy the adulterous deserter;
whereas my joy lies in being close to God. I have taken shelter in the Lord, continually to proclaim what you have done. (Psalm 73:23-28, Jerusalem Bible)

Nevertheless, I am always with you; you hold my right hand.
You will guide me with your advice; and afterwards, you will receive me with honor.
Whom do I have in heaven but you? And with you, I lack nothing on earth.
My mind and body may fail; but God is the rock for my mind and my portion forever.
Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who adulterously leave you.
But for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made Adonai ELOHIM my refuge, so that I can tell of all your works. (Psalm 73:23-28, Complete Jewish Bible)

Yet, in spite of all this, you comfort me by your counsel; you draw me closer to you.
You lead me with your secret wisdom. And following you brings me into your brightness and glory!
Whom have I in heaven but you? You're all I want! No one on earth means as much to me as you.
Lord, so many times I fail; I fall into disgrace. But when I trust in you, I have a strong and glorious presence protecting and anointing me. Forever you're all I need!
Those who abandon the worship of God will perish. The false and unfaithful will be silenced, never heard from again.
But I'll keep coming closer and closer to you, Lord Yahweh, for your name is good to me. I'll keep telling the world of your awesome works, my faithful and glorious God! (Psalm 73:23-28, Passion Translation)

But I was still always with you! You held my strong hand!
You have guided me with your advice; later you will receive me with glory.
Do I have anyone else in heaven? There's nothing on earth I desire except you.
My body and my heart fail, but God is my heart's rock and my share forever.
Look! Those far from you die; you annihilate all those who are unfaithful to you.
But me? It's good for me to be near God. I have taken my refuge in you, my LORD God, so I can talk about all your works! (Psalm 73:23-28, Common English Bible)


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: