Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Salon: Week In Review: February 27-March 5

What a difference a week makes! This week I decided to STOP reading the New Living Translation that I was less than enthused with, and start reading in another translation--the KING JAMES VERSION. (I am still committed to the Bible-in-90-days-Reading-Guide, however, at least in theory).

From the Old Testament:

Ezekiel
Daniel
Hosea
Joel
Amos
Obadiah
Jonah
Micah
Nahum
Habakkuk
Zephaniah
Haggai
Zechariah
Malachi

From the New Testament:

John
1 John
2 John
3 John
Jude
Revelation
Ephesians
Matthew
Galatians
1 Corinthians
2 Corinthians
Hebrews
James
Philippians
Colossians
Mark



© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

3 comments:

Cynthea said...

Hi Becky, I am new to your blog. I am AMAZED at the amount of books you read... ok, maybe jealous ;-) Anyways, you inspire me to read good books. Thanks! I've even decided to pick up a theology book sometime this year and give it a shot... any suggestions for a not-so-technical book on theology? (I am already reading through the Bible in a year with my church; that is a great experience!)

Becky said...

Welcome, Cynthea! I would recommend The Bookends of the Christian Life by Jerry Bridges and Bob Bevington! It's a short book that is oh-so-amazing and wonderful!!! Easy to read, yet life-changing too!

Ruth said...

Here's my post for operation deepen faith.

http://mydevotionalthoughts.blogspot.com/2011/03/solution-sunday-update-on-all-my.html