Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Blog Turns Three!!!

Today Operation Actually Read Bible turns three! I originally started the blog because I felt something missing in my life. I wasn't reading the Bible. I wasn't praying. God wasn't my top priority--not even close. I wanted to challenge myself to take my faith seriously. I wanted more from life, to be quite honest. And while it may not take a blog to go on a spiritual journey, for me, it was just what I needed at the time.

In my very first post, I wrote:
"I know--rationally speaking--that I NEED to read the Bible...that I NEED to study and read and pray. But it's not a part of my daily routine. Hence why I'm challenging myself to ACTUALLY read the Bible instead of just talking about how I need to start one day soon."
I was surprised, at first, that people were interested in joining me in reading the Bible. That they saw this as an opportunity for a reading challenge--a perpetual reading challenge. But it was a happy surprise! If you're interested in joining, you can sign up on the initial post.

And this past year, I added another challenge--Operation Deepen Faith. The challenge is for all of 2011. But I imagine I'll host something similar to 2012 if there's interest!

Favorite posts from June 9, 2010- June 8, 2011

Why I Read Nonfiction
On YA Books 
Why Christians Need Speak...
On Christian Music
Gifts for Bible Lovers
Top Ten Christian Fiction
Top Ten Christian Books for Children and Families
Top Ten Christian Nonfiction
On Defining and Refining Christian Fiction
Faith in Susan Beth Pfeffer's The Last Survivors Trilogy
Taste and See: Knowledge of Good and Evil
Taste and See: Are You An Optimist
Taste and See: Jeremiah 29:11-13
Taste and See: Deuteronomy 6:4-9
Focus on Philippians 4

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

2 comments:

Annette said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!! And I'm so glad we met! You are a blessing to me!

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy blogoversary :)