Monday, June 27, 2011

Five Questions from... Am I Really a Christian?

I love to read nonfiction. I do. (You may have noticed that!) I love it when authors ask really great questions in their books. I love questions that challenge me and make me think.

I thought I would start sharing *some* of these questions with you. I would LOVE to hear what you think...

This week's questions come from Mike McKinley's Am I Really A Christian? [My review]
Have you ever examined your life to see whether you are really a Christian? If not, why not? If so, what criteria did you use? What did you conclude? (26)
How would you respond to someone who argues that true Christianity is not a set of religious dogmas that we must affirm, but instead is a call to be gentle and loving and generous as Jesus was? (56)
How can perseverance be both our responsibility and God's responsibility? (88)
What does Christian love look like? How is that love rooted in the love that God has for people? (103)
Why is it important for genuine believers to have assurance that they are God's children? How would they relate to God differently if they were not sure that they were saved? (133)


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: