Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What's On Your Nightstand -- June 2011

What's On Your Nightstand is hosted by 5 Minutes for Books. In my "currently reading" I've got the New English Bible, I'm trying to finish up the New Testament (Matthew, Acts, Romans, 1 and 2 Corinthians, 1 and 2 Thessalonians, 1 and 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon). I've also got an odd assortment of books to finish up so that I can complete my third reading of the Bible for this year--Hosea, Joel, Amos, Zechariah, and Malachi. It is already an odd assortment of translations I'm counting towards this third reading--but I think I'm going to try to finish up in the New King James MacArthur Student Bible.
In my nonfiction, I am halfway through Woodrow Kroll's Taking Back the Good Book. This is a reread for me--it was a book I first read in 2007--and I am loving it. I would definitely recommend it!!! I am one chapter into Vintage Jesus by Mark Driscoll. I am liking it so far--though it has a very casual approach. I am also attempting to read reading Stephen Charnock's The Existence and Attributes of God. (You can see my thoughts on the first discourse in three posts.)


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm always amazed by people who read the Bible. Thanks for participating!

Nancy@5M4B

edj said...

Are you trying to read it through in a variety of different translations? What an intriguing idea! I have mostly only done NIV and ESV.

Elizabeth@5M4B