Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Verse study, Colossians 3:2

Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. (Colossians 3:2)

If I want to fully understand this verse, what other scriptures do I need to consider to help me understand this one better?

Psalm 119:37: Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things and give me life in your ways.

Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

1 John 2:15: Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 

Psalm 119:11: Your testimonies are my heritage forever, for they are the joy of my heart.

Psalm 19:7-10 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple; the precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes; the fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; the rules of the LORD are true, and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb. 

Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.


Matthew 6:33: But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.


John 15:9 As the father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. 

Philippians 3:20-21 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.



© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: