Religious light is not given to a man for himself alone, but for the benefit of others. We are to try and spread and diffuse our knowledge. We are to display to others the precious treasure that we have found; and persuade them to seek it for themselves. We are to tell them of the good news that we have heard, and endeavor to make them believe and value it themselves. We shall all have to give account of our use of knowledge one day. ~ J.C. Ryle, Expository Thoughts on the Gospel of Mark
I solemnly vow before God Almighty that every day of my life, I will take the Bible as the most serious thing and adjust my life to its teachings. ~ A.W. Tozer, God's Power For Your LifeI am passionate about the Word of God. It is heartbreaking that more people--more believers--aren't hungry and thirsty for God's Word, for God Himself. For it is IN THE WORD that God is revealed. The Bible is God's nourishment for us each and every single day of our lives. There is a NEED that only God can satisfy, and he satisfies that need in part through the Word.
New this year: My Year With Spurgeon!
2013 Operation Deepen Faith
2013 Cloud of Witnesses
Operation Actually Read Bible, perpetual challenge
My favorite posts from June 9, 2012 to June 8, 2013.
- Multiple Choice
- Consider Jesus
- Journaling Holiness, part one part two part three; review of J.C. Ryle's Holiness.
- Christian Messages in Country Music
- Rejoice in the Lord
- 8 Bible-Reading Tips from J.C. Ryle
- Resolution Tips From J.C. Ryle
- Resolution Tips from the Apostle Paul
- Memory Verse Suggestions from Proverbs
- John Harper
- Reflecting on 2012
- Top Ten Nonfiction Titles
- Top Ten Fiction Titles
- Books Read in 2013
- Planned Neglect
- What is sin?
- Something to Consider
- Watching The Gospel of John
- Resources for Believers (new and old)
- Verses to Consider (Psalm 119 related)
- Christian Mothers
- Come Before His Presence With Singing
- Treasury of Truth, opening and closing posts
© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible