Saturday, June 8, 2013

Operation Actually Turns Five!

Today is my blogoversary! In the past I've written about why I originally started the blog, Operation Actually Read Bible. Today, I thought I would share why I keep blogging!
Religious light is not given to a man for himself alone, but for the benefit of others. We are to try and spread and diffuse our knowledge. We are to display to others the precious treasure that we have found; and persuade them to seek it for themselves. We are to tell them of the good news that we have heard, and endeavor to make them believe and value it themselves. We shall all have to give account of our use of knowledge one day. ~ J.C. Ryle, Expository Thoughts on the Gospel of Mark
I solemnly vow before God Almighty that every day of my life, I will take the Bible as the most serious thing and adjust my life to its teachings. ~ A.W. Tozer, God's Power For Your Life
I am passionate about the Word of God. It is heartbreaking that more people--more believers--aren't hungry and thirsty for God's Word, for God Himself. For it is IN THE WORD that God is revealed. The Bible is God's nourishment for us each and every single day of our lives. There is a NEED that only God can satisfy, and he satisfies that need in part through the Word.

New this year: My Year With Spurgeon!

Ongoing challenges:
2013 Operation Deepen Faith
2013 Cloud of Witnesses 
Operation Actually Read Bible, perpetual challenge

My favorite posts from June 9, 2012 to June 8, 2013.



© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: