Thursday, July 11, 2013

His Eyes



From Living Hope for the End of Days: 365 Days of Devotions from the Book of The Revelation by Dr. John S. Barnett.


  • When troubled--I will look up for Jesus' loving eyes of compassion. I will remember Hagar's experience of His compassionate eyes! (Genesis 16:1-13)
  • When tempted--I will look up for Jesus' purifying eyes of consecration. I will remember Joseph's experience of His purifying eyes when tempted! (Genesis 39:1-9)
  • When watched--I will look up for Jesus' refining eyes like laser beams. I will remember the Israelites' experience of His refining eyes as He led them through the Red Sea and in the Wilderness! (Exodus 14,  16, 17)
  • When lonely or afraid--I will look up for Jesus' comforting eyes of confidence. I will remember David's experience of His ever-present eyes of comfort when feeling alone and afraid! (Psalm 139:1-12)
  • When scrutinized--I will look up for Jesus' caring eyes of concern. I will remember the woman at the well and her experiences of Jesus' caring eyes as He revealed the secrets of her past! (John 4:1-26)
  • When sinking in despair--I will look up for Jesus' calming eyes of rescue. I will remember the disciples' experience of His calm rescuing eyes when sinking! (Matthew 14:22-33)
  • When sinning--I will look up for Jesus' chastening eyes of sadness and come back to Him. I will remember Peter's experience and Christ's sad eyes of chastening when living in my own strength. (Luke 22:54-62)


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: