Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Psalm 16:2, Various Translations

O my soul, thou hast said unto the Lord, Thou art my Lord: my well doing extendeth not to thee, 1599 Geneva Bible

O my soul, thou hast said unto the Lord, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to thee; King James Version

I have said unto the LORD, Thou art my Lord: I have no good beyond thee. English Revised Version


Thou [my soul] hast said to Jehovah, Thou art the Lord: my goodness [extendeth] not to thee; -- Darby Bible Translation


O my soul , thou hast said unto Jehovah, Thou art my Lord: I have no good beyond thee. American Standard Version


I said to the Lord, “You are my Lord; have no good besides You.” New American Standard Bible

I said to the LORD, “Thou art my Lord; I have no good besides Thee.” New American Standard Bible, 1977


I say to the Lord, “Thou art my Lord; I have no good apart from thee.” Revised Standard Version

I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.” English Standard Version

I said unto the LORD, Thou art my goodness: I have no goodness apart from thee; Jubilee Bible


I have said to the LORD, 'Thou, Lord, art my felicity.' New English Bible

I have said to the LORD, 'You are my Lord; from you alone comes the good I enjoy.' Revised English Bible

To Yahweh you say, 'My Lord, you are my fortune, nothing else but you.' Jerusalem Bible

O my soul, you have said to the Lord“You are my Lord, My goodness is nothing apart from You.” New King James Version

said to Yahweh, “You are my Lord; I have nothing good besides You.” Holman Christian Standard Bible

said to the Lord, “You are my Lord; I have nothing good besides you.” Christian Standard Bible

I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing." New International Version, 1984

I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.” New International Version, 2011

I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord. Apart from you, I have nothing good.” Common English Bible


I have said to the Lord, “You are my Lord; my welfare has no existence outside of You.” Modern English Version

I say to the LORD, "You are my Lord; all the good things I have come from you." Good News Translation

So I said to the Lord God, “You are my Maker, my Mediator, and my Master. Any good thing you find in me has come from you.” The Passion Translation

I said to him, “You are my Lord; I have no other help but yours.” Living Bible

I said to the Lord, “You are my Master! Every good thing I have comes from you.” New Living Translation

I say to God, “Be my Lord!” Without you, nothing makes sense. The Message

I said to Yahweh“You are my Adonay. Without you, I have nothing good.” Names of God Bible

I say to the LORD, "You are the Lord, my only source of well-being."  NET Bible


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Thanks for sharing Becky! I love looking at various translations of a verse. Sometimes you wonder how the translators came up with that. But mostly it helps to expand the meaning and understand the verse better.