Friday, June 14, 2013

Book Review: The Book of Revelation

The Book of Revelation. Adapted by Matt Dorff. Translated by Father Mark Arey and Father Philemon Sevastiades. Illustrated by Chris Koelle. 2012. Zondervan. 192 pages.

I absolutely love the book of Revelation. I haven't always, always loved it. But the more I read it, the more I love it. The more I read it, the more I appreciate it: the majesty, the splendor, the power. Glimpses of heaven, glimpses of WORSHIP. It is incredible.

I do not necessarily "love" graphic novels. It is not an easy genre or easy format for me to love and appreciate. Now and then, I'll pick up a graphic novel to see what it's like, to see if I've found one I could love. But often if given the choice between the original and the adapted graphic novel, I choose the original.

While I may not personally get excited by graphic novels, I know that there is an audience out there. I know there are readers who can and do appreciate graphic novel adaptations. There are readers who get a thrill reading the story through the illustrations just as much as reading the text. So I am happy to see this adaptation of the Book of Revelation.


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: