Living Hope for the End of Days. This week's theme Find Hope In Christ's Majesty. He spent some time talking about King David and the Apostle John.
- There is no more beautiful or more clearly painted portrait of Jesus in the whole Bible than the first chapter of Revelation.
- If you want to discover the magnificent sovereign majesty of Jesus Christ, you need to get into the habit of looking for Him throughout the Scriptures.
- The first chapter alone far exceeds any ideas we may have previously formed of this One we call Jesus. In chapters 2:1–3:22, we see Christ’s glorious majesty challenging His church universal through special messages to the seven churches of Asia Minor. In chapters 4:1–16:21, we learn that Christ’s majesty is controlling His cosmos. In Revelation 17:1–20:15, we see Christ’s majesty conquering the rebellion on earth. In Revelation 21:1–22:5, Christ’s majesty unveils His paradise. In Revelation 22:6–21, Christ’s majesty is again seen in the extravagance of His salvation offer to all who come to Him.
Diamonds in the Dust.
- It is not possible to always be happy. It is possible to always have the joy of the Lord. (February 10)
- People are only as secure as the source of their security; if we are in secure in Christ, then we have every reason to be confident. (February 12)
- If we feel like a martyr faced with heart-wrenching trials, perhaps we're concentrating too much on what God asks of us and not enough on what God has given us. (February 13)
© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible